Sunday, 25 December 2011
Alaska Crab Salad
This is really easy to do as long as you are willing to devote some time and stand in the kitchen for quite a while and are willing to pay for the expensive cost for a fresh Alaska Crab!!
Ingredients: (for 12 persons)
Fresh Alaska Crab x 1 (steamed or boiled, with the crab meat all removed from shells)
Avocado (please choose the ripe ones) - around 7pc - cut into cubes
Tomatoes (please choose the italian ones or the ones which you think are sweet and tasty) - remove skin using method stated below, then cut into
cubes and drain the tomato juice
Fresh Chives - minced
lemon/ mayo/ sesame dressing/ lemon olive oil
How to make:
1. If you are not arranging directly on plate but is preparing in advance, cover the bottom of each stainless steel cylinder with plastic wrap and place the 12 cyliners in a tray.
2. Mix the avocado cubes with mayo to a consistency you desired and spoon them into the base of the cylinder.
3. Mix the tomatoes cubes with sesame dressing to a consistency you desired and spoon them above the avocadoes layer. Try avoid spooning the juice into the cylinder though.
4. Use your hand to tear the crab meat to bite size and mix with a splash of lemon juice, then mayo to a consistency you desired and spoon them above the tomatoes layer.
5. Wrap the whole tray with the 12 cylinders arranged in the fridge.
6. When you are ready to serve, place one cylinder on one plate and remove the plastic wrap at the bottom of the cylinder bu sliding it carefully away from the plate, then remove the cylinder.
7. Add some a few drops of lemon olive oil on top of the crab layer then sprinkle with the minced chives and serve!!
This presentation looks professional but is so easy to make anyone can do this. Enjoy!!
Removing Tomatoes Skin:
a. lightly cut a cross around the tomato skin.
b. place them in boiling water for 30 seconds and immediately place them in a ice water bath.
-> the skin tear off itself easily.